View Single Post
Old February 18, 2000, 12:58 AM   #22
Clint Tickler

Ok, I've been spending a couple of hours a night setting up the new 650 with the dies and tool heads for the diferent calibers I load. I've loaded up about 300 rounds of 40 and 38's each and I gotta say I'm pretty pleased with this press. Yes, I've put some dough into it but when I look back at the frustration levals I reached with the Pro 1000 trying to keep primers and cases feeding reliably, well It's a world of diference. I loaded a lot of good rounds with the Pro 1000 in a couple of years and for the money served me pretty well. The Dillon is way ahead though in primer and case feeding. I've also noticed that O.A. stays more consistent then the 1000 I think because the tool head fits tighter. I'm using the same dies. Also with the 5th station I can set up the factory crimp die. Don't know anything about the Hornady but a freind of mine has the RCBS progressive and is real happy with it. No case feeding option though and no removable tool heads so each caliber change requires more set up but you can see where that may be more consistent. Lots of choices. I think I've made the right one for me now and maybe I can pass on the 1000 and get another reloader started. Good luck. Clint

Page generated in 0.03051 seconds with 8 queries