View Single Post
Old May 21, 2012, 06:36 PM   #1
nobead

Broken bead need help

I recently acquired an older 20 gauge Savage shotgun from my uncle. The bead was broke off or missing. I took it to my local gunshop to ask about retapping to install a new bead. Upon futher investigation,the shop said that the choke tube that was on the gun had thinned out the barrel leaving very little metal to thread a bead into the old hole. I asked if they could set the bead back further and was told I would be way off target while shooting. Now I have the hole where the bead goes and the choke tube backing that up and no thread (1 thread?) to mount the bead. Do you have any suggestions on what I can mount to the barrel that doesn't require a bead to be in place for alignment and security? Is there such a thing as a clamp on, stick on or magnetic that would work in this application? It doesn't have to be pretty, I just want a fun gun to shoot and be accurate in doing so. Tru-glo and Viz-glo both seem to need the bead for alignment and security. Would a heatshield with sights work such as an ATI product?

Page generated in 0.02162 seconds with 8 queries