View Single Post
Old January 26, 2012, 05:18 AM   #12
Bill Akins

Just returned home yesterday from the Shot Show in Las Vegas. Yet to come are lots of pics and videos of the Bumpski and AA2 bumpfire stocks in operation taken at the range in Vegas.

Here one video of the spring-less AA2 (Akins Accelerator version 2) bumpfire stock in operation up now (not the Vegas Shot Show videos, those are forthcoming later). It is operated solely by human isometric muscle tension.
This video says it all......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxCX3UtqnJQ

Here's a peek at an accessory yet to come. A stationary, perforated barrel shroud that the barrel reciprocates back and forth in while the sights remain stationary on the shroud. These pics were taken back in 2006 right after I designed, built and tested the shroud for the first time on an original Akins Accelerator stock of mine. But the shroud will also fit the new springless AA2, giving it that PPSH look or more correctly Italian Beretta sub gun from WW2 look. Have yet to test it with a drum mag. Not in production yet but coming.

Another peek of a not yet available 3rd prototype design of mine for a mini MG dress up kit for the Ruger 10/22 that utilizes crank fire operation. No pics yet of my mini thimble thumb crank between the spade grips that will allow you to literally twiddle your thumbs to crank fire it while both your hands remain on the grips. I designed it to be convertible in seconds from a truly water cooled version to a perforated shroud air cooled version and also to fit onto any camera tripod. Can be adapted to fit MG tripods too. When GSG gets their 110 rd drum mags finally imported to the U.S., it will be even more fun to shoot than with 50 rounders and will really justify the water cooled version. This 3rd prototype is about finished but will still be a little while until available.

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; January 26, 2012 at 05:27 AM.

Page generated in 0.03211 seconds with 8 queries