View Single Post
Old July 26, 2012, 04:01 PM   #91
BigMikey76

OK, I thought I was going to stay out, but I feel the need to respond.

Quote:
So waiting five days to buy a gun isn't an inconvenience?
Read my post again. I said that a waiting period IS an inconvenience.

Quote:
A "cooling down" period so that a normal, everyday person who has lived their whole life without committing any crime that disqualifies them from owning a firearm can overcome that impulse to murder someone? What the hell does this accomplish that you are so quick to accept it?
As has been stated in this thread, laws regarding who can or cannot own a firearm can only address people who are already criminals. There is no way to know when a previously law-abaiding citizen will go rogue until it happens. Perhaps a cooling off period will help to diminish such occurrences, perhaps it wont, but unless you can see the future, the only way to know for sure is to try it.

Quote:
Please explain for me, exactly the thought process that goes into surrendering all of these hard-won rights when there is absolutely zero reason to compromise?
Perhaps the word we need to have defined here is "rights." Being able to buy guns without a waiting period, buying ammo with no background check, or any of the other things I was responding to are not RIGHTS. Gun ownership is a right. The laws being discussed do not take away the right to gun ownership, they just make it a slower process, hence my statement that they are inconvenient. In any case, I reiterate from one of my previous posts - Obama said nothing about curtailing the rights of legal gun owners. HE ONLY MENTIONED CRIMINALS!!!

Page generated in 0.02667 seconds with 8 queries