View Single Post
Old November 18, 2017, 08:56 AM   #18
OhioGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreXD9 View Post
I was looking at changing out my sights on my 4 carry pistols and had almost settled on TRU-GLO when I remembered how much I like the "dot the i" setup on the Kahr pistols I've owned. XS BIG DOT night sights now sit atop my Rami, PCR, Mod 2 9mm and Mod 2 .45. The front sight is much more easier to pick up and put on the target, much simpler than lining up 3 dots. After only a couple mags thru each gun I'd figured out slightly different views for different lengths. I highly recommend XS BIG DOTS, especially if you have 58 yr old eyes that don't see as well as they did 10 years ago.
I have XS Big Dots already on my Walther PPS. I agree it makes the sight VERY easy to acquire. I took a class (150 rounds) on close-quarters and point shooting and found:

1. When I was able to take a bit of time to notice where my sights were, they made it very easy to get accurate hits under 20 feet VERY fast. The single white stripe under the dot made it much easier to align when not focusing carefully on the sights...I can't do this with 3-dot setups.

2. These hits weren't THAT much more accurate than what I could do point-shooting without sights at all.

3. I can still hit a 10" paper plate at 60 feet (max distance at my range) with aimed shots, so accuracy really isn't a problem.

4. At the in-between distances, my accuracy really was only compromised by the big "golf ball" covering more of my target area.

My CZ P07 is going to become my primary carry gun, and I was all set to get Big Dots for it too (especially since they're one of the only aftermarket options available!!!) But, I also like to shoot in some competitive leagues, and I find that fiberoptic sights with black rears are still quick to pick up and I'm definitely more accurate with them.

So I'm 50/50 on whether to get XS or a Dawson Precision FO sight set.

And because I'm in the middle, I'm wondering whether I should "split the difference" so to speak, and get the XS Standard Dot sights. Same setup, just covers less of the target area. I have to imagine it's still pretty easy to pick up the white front sight.

Page generated in 0.02347 seconds with 8 queries