View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013, 03:56 PM   #11
stephen426

I have to admit my first gun was a Sig P228. It is a great gun and a great place to start. The single action was smooth and light compared to almost any other DA/SA gun I fired. My second gun was a H&K USP in .40 S&W. This was also a DA/SA with decock like the Sig. Accuracy to me seemed better than most other guns I fired and reliability was flawless. I was (an am not) a Sig snob though and I have many different brands of firearms including Les Baer, STI, Kahr, Browning, Ruger, Glock, H&K, and Beretta. I only carried the P228 for a short while as I cannot conceal a pistol that size wearing what I typically wear (Miami weather). I also found the long, heavy pull of the DA trigger bad for fast, first shot accuracy. I switched to carrying a Glock 26 which I did for many years before switching to a Kahr PM9.

Interestingly enough, I am also a BMW guy. I do not own any BMW clothing and I do not put BMW stuff all over the place. For those who know BMWs, I had a '02 E46 M3 and I currently have an '09 E90 M3. I know what is under the hood and I got the car for how it drives (not price or image). I liken the M3 to my Les Baer more than I would a Sig (blah, blah, blah series). BMWs are known for their handling and even my wife (who is totally NOT a car person) notices. She just went from a X5 to a Toyota Siena minivan. The car is extremely stable at high speeds, takes corners well, and stops on a dime. A great pistol is well balanced, points naturally, has a crisp smooth trigger, and is well finished.

I appreciate nice things, but I try to make sure that I buy what my level of skill requires. I asked a friend why I should buy a very accurate gun if my skill level wasn't up to the gun's capabilities. He told me with a highly accurate gun, I know how much of the result is based on my skill versus the capability ofthe gun.

Page generated in 0.03651 seconds with 8 queries