View Single Post
Old September 19, 2009, 07:38 PM   #11
Tom2

Jim, are you SURE you would spray cases with poly spray? Then they would be like that Russian ammo with the poly coating, that everyone complains gums up their chambers? And how about putting sealant on the mouths of the carts-seems to me that if the case is undersized a little except at the very edge, when you load a bullet into the case, it acts like the worlds snuggest cork, more or less. Seems to me that only water under great pressure could get past the bullet in a snug fitting case that is tight enough to keep the bullet from moving in normal handling and loading. I have determined that some non mil. ammo I have owned has sealant, but it is transparent, not tinted like mil. ammo, so you might have some sealed ammo and not even realise it. But probably not used on high production cheap white box stuff. Actually I thought the sealant was to keep out oil, as some oils have much better penetrating abilities than water.

Page generated in 0.03089 seconds with 8 queries