View Single Post
Old January 21, 2022, 02:00 PM   #16
wild cat mccane

Intended fun result at range are pretty high I am sure I shoot Underwood through my 686s for fun too.

But per agreement on this forum and not just me talking, nowhere is 357 or 10mm within the universe of needed fps for rifle damage. So it's just a FMJ going fast that will be equalized by friction/drag but no results are agreed to happen by the increase in poundage. You may also see at times super fast means super shallow when looking at hollow points that are modern.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=388971

When you see what HST and Gold Dot do from Federal and Speer factory loads, the point of Underwood kinda gets lost in the exciting high numbers. But that concedes the purpose of 10mm all together. As 9mm and 40 switch for also doing better per Speer and Federal's reporting.

XTP might be the only bullet of interest in high speed because it is designed not to expand like HST and Gold Dot. But that would only be for hunting where HST and Gold Dot do better for defense. You don't want a bullet folding back quick on target. That misses the point of expansion in target.

I mean shoot, the lowest defense round, the .380, in an all copper Lehigh goes through ballistic glass with no damage to the bullet.

Last edited by wild cat mccane; January 21, 2022 at 02:10 PM.

Page generated in 0.03298 seconds with 8 queries