View Single Post
Old April 18, 2018, 05:57 AM   #12
Sure Shot Mc Gee

I'll bet those who have a 44 wished their favorite lever cartridge entered the market place as a Rifle cartridge not of a pistol cartridge re-purposed. There lies some difference.

There has been some gibberish talk over the years the 44 will drive the 30-30 cartridge into obsolescence. More likely both will be around for the purchaser's pleasure long after most of us have Passed. This comparison {Which is a better?} Is quite similar to a on going Hatfield & McCoy discussion.

As far as my penny's worth of opinion.
I have rifles chambered in both cartridges. Ruger 44 semi and a 30-30 Marlin model 36 to which my senses have lead me to believe the 30-30 betters the 44 at all practical ranges. But there will always be those members who believe the 44 is the better bush or brush rifle or whatever and that's fine and dandy.
Considering well over 100 years the venerable 30-30 WCF has _Quote: Walked the walk as a all {purpose} hunting cartridge.
I don't think the 44 mag cartridge will garner that same distinction.~~~Well maybe with those who own such 44 mag lever rifles it will.

Page generated in 0.03452 seconds with 8 queries