View Single Post
Old May 1, 2024, 02:04 PM   #17
stagpanther

duh strikes again

This morning I cleaned the bore, and while doing so I noticed there was an odd rattle to the rifle. I couldn't believe when I found the source--when I put the rifle back together I had forgotten to do the final tightening of the scope mount to the rail, so I wondered how much impact that had on yesterday's shooting. I threw together 5 cartridges of the best charge from yesterday to see if there was any marked difference and shot a couple of foulers first to get the position--sure enough the impacts shifted by about 4 inches.

Shooting again at 153 yds I had my Burris XTR2 set at 9x--so it was kinda hard to see where the bullets were actually landing but I had a feeling I might have a one-holer going after the first 3 shots--which of course gave the "pressure butterflies" to keep it together; and had the opposite effect of making me choke. Shots 4 and 5 I knew I pulled a bit as the shots broke, I know the lowest impact was one of them but I'm not sure where the other landed but it looked like it stayed with the first three. This is why I have never entered a comp, I tend to get shaken easily with a bad shot--and at the same time tend to break concentration when I got something good going.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 55.1 N560 134 eldm 25 PRC.jpg (156.2 KB, 133 views)

Page generated in 0.02070 seconds with 8 queries