View Single Post
Old July 4, 2023, 10:31 AM   #2
ocharry

yes it will fit on the receiver and yes it will function....but

the mag barrels only have 1 gas port in them so you may have to run heavy loads to get it to function....and some of the springs may be a little heavier

not sure about the ejection port on the receiver...it could be the same length but i dont know...so you could run into problems there with clearing the longer hull on ejection...that would be my only concern i think....and the forearm on my magnum 1100 has a fiberglass insert right at the receiver end for re-enforcement too, so that might be something to look at too...not sure why they did that..maybe they were thinking it might spit there so they toughed it up some

would be better to go the other way...magnum receiver with standard barrel...that is how i do it and it works fine

there are some guys on here that really know the 1100 and im sure they will be along with more details

if you made the switch on a 870 and it works.. should work on 1100 too ....not sure if i would want to do a steady diet on mag stuff...but i dont know if it would matter...maybe not

ocharry

Page generated in 0.02346 seconds with 7 queries