Thread: Pistol or SBR?
View Single Post
Old April 26, 2023, 01:22 PM   #4
dogtown tom

Quote:
raimius Dogtown Tom is oversimplifying the brace issue a bit.
I answered his questions. That's not oversimplifying.

Quote:
In short, the ATF came out with a several hundred page explanation of when attaching a brace to a firearm might make it a SBR/SBS.
Yet I succinctly and correctly answered each of his questions according to what ATF published.

Quote:
There are multiple lawsuits ongoing over their new interpretation.
Which is irrelevant.

Quote:
If you want to be safe, yes, a straight/round buffer tube on an AR pistol will avoid the brace issue.
False. NOTHING in the rule says one must, should, or "to be safe" have a "straight/round buffer tube". It does not avoid anything because the buffer tube on an AR pistol is PERFECTLY FINE as it is.

Quote:
If you want to add a stock, you submit a Form 1, money, and documents, wait....wait....wait, then get the approved form with stamp back, then you can add the stock.
Didn't I write that? Yes I did.

Quote:
As long as you have a compatible pistol lower, owning short uppers is fine
Wrong.
First, there is no such animal as a "pistol lower" and never has been.
All that is needed is a legal configuration. A lower, a frame, a receiver, a rifle, a shotgun, etc ANY OF which can lawfully be configured with an arm brace and not violate this rule.

I may have oversimplified, but I wasn't wrong in my response either.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE

Page generated in 0.02744 seconds with 8 queries