View Single Post
Old April 21, 2023, 08:16 AM   #6
stagpanther

I have a PSA AK--their bolts are not what I would call the strong suit of their rifles--but it is what it is. the extractor claw on mine snapped--being obviously made of some kind of cast metal.

My advice is before you do any kind of "corrective surgery" is to disassemble, clean and reassemble the bolt. This in itself is a pretty tricky procedure so study some university of Utube videos first would be my advice.

I can't really tell anything conclusive from your pics (nor can anyone else IMO) but my guess is that there might be an alignment issue with the bolt in the carrier--the damage in the slot looks odd to me. The firing pin has a notch in it which is "timed" by a cross pin in the bolt, it's possible that a bend in either pin could be affecting the operation of the firing pin, which is why I personally would get it out and examine it first before doing any grinding/hammering or other forms of demolition. As always, just my guesses.

Last edited by stagpanther; April 21, 2023 at 08:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.02783 seconds with 7 queries