View Single Post
Old April 20, 2023, 09:06 PM   #5
tangolima

I am not an AK person, so I just do what I can. It is just what I would do if I were you.

Looks like the bolt face has a 2 piece design. An insert, possibly screwed on, has firing pin hole on it. The rifle's headspace probably isn't determined by this insert, but rather by the steel outside of it. The firing pin may be slightly under sized, and the moment of the firing pin has raised the burr.

I don't think the burr will cause much of an ill effect. But I would enlarge the hole very slightly to make its diameter 0.001" larger than the pin. It will remove some of the burr. Polishing the burr away with cotton bob loaded with polish compound is acceptable. But avoid creating a void there and do NOT chamfer the hole. The primer needs to be fully supported.

The insert is an usual method to fix oversized firing pin hole in old guns. The original hole is drilled out, and tapped. An insert is make with matching screw bolt. After installing the insert, a new hole is drilled. I just didn't expect to see that in a relatively new gun.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.02115 seconds with 7 queries