View Single Post
Old April 20, 2023, 06:51 PM   #1
Shadow9mm

fix a burr on a firing pin hole

Trying to figure the best way to fix a burr on a firing pin hole. its a Palmetto GF5 series AK. I had a double the other day. It does have a LIGHT alg trigger with a touch of trigger slap so I was unsure if I accidentally bump fired it, or had a slam fire.

Went to the range today and chambered 1 round by hand, pulled the bolt back, let it go. Ejected it checked the primer. Very light dimple. Nothing I am concerned with.

Fired 1 round let the rifle chamber the next, then ejected that round to inspect. Noticed a large ring in the primer. Nothing overly severe, but it should not be there. looked at the bolt and it definitely has a burr around the firing pin hole.

Was debating on how to remove it. I was thinking of getting a small gunsmithing stone and putting the end in to polish it flush.

Any other suggestions? I think anything power tool or high speed like a dremill is probably a bad idea, although some sort of bit by hand might work ok. just trying to figure out how to remove the burr and make it flush.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg primers.jpg (182.6 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg 20230420_200917.jpg (221.7 KB, 293 views)

Last edited by Shadow9mm; April 20, 2023 at 07:13 PM.

Page generated in 0.03446 seconds with 8 queries