View Single Post
Old April 21, 2022, 06:48 AM   #65
JustJake

Quote:
i have to wonder how many instructors have actually been in fights before.
Good point.

Given most instructors who “preach the teach” at you also display a noticeably bad case of “belt bulge,” you have to wonder just how poor their level of basic physical fitness and agility is.

Gunfight, fist fight?

Some of these alleged been-there/done-that guys are fighting just to pull their pants on in the mornings.

Quote:
I used to box, i also grew up in a bad neighborhood so a fist fight was pretty common. once my family moved us out to AZ from chicago i was truly shocked at how big a deal it was to punch someone in the face. i see alot of internet tough guys boasting about all their gear but i have to wonder how much real life true experience do they have?
Some may well have a similar background, but it might as well have been 100-years ago because they let their fitness level slide.

It’s one thing to attain a high level skill-set in the marital arts or in gunfighting that’s equivalent to, say, a “black belt” level, but it’s another thing to retain that skill-level over time. So what Eviltravis said in the first part of his post above about fitness is correct.

That requires maintaining basic physical conditioning (fitness) and, separately, a regimen of regular training in executing the core skills - whether it’s in the dojo or on the range - and especially with a defensive firearm such training has to involve a lot of non-static/non-stationary drills that reasonable mimic what a gunfight might look like on the street or inside a structure.

Last edited by JustJake; April 21, 2022 at 06:54 AM.

Page generated in 0.02381 seconds with 8 queries