View Single Post
Old August 23, 2021, 07:11 AM   #2
NoSecondBest

You have an abnormal fear of lead poisoning. I’ve been hunting for sixty years now and I’ve shot and consumed well over a hundred deer. My whole family hunts and eats wild game. Most of my friends do also. I’m not aware of anyone in my sphere of family or friends who’s gotten any increased lead levels from consuming any of this. In fact, I can’t remember a single case of this being reported in any journal or news media in my state….ever. I worked as a manufacturing manager in a plant where the employees worked on 3,500 molten lead pots making automotive parts and the ones who got increased lead levels were working 40+ hours a week and NOT following safety protocols prohibiting smoking or eating in their work areas. They also weren’t wearing masks when reloading the pots. You can get lead “poisoning” by committing certain acts on a repeated basis, but again, probably not from eating game shot with lead slugs or pellets. As far as your friend shooting deer with full jacketed bullets….I’m not aware of any state allowing that to be done. It’s unethical and should be prosecuted. The game warden should “get after” anyone doing it and he/she is doing their job by doing so.

Page generated in 0.02269 seconds with 7 queries