View Single Post
Old September 14, 2019, 11:21 PM   #143
Metal god

Quote:
It'll easily go into a bolt head and you'll feel the in line ejector and firing pin pushing it off the bolt face. And how the extractor positions the case head.
Yes but that's when another force is being applied to the case ie ejector or firing pin . If the firing pin is cocked and there is no ejector . What force does the extractor put on the case when chambered . I ask because you wrote

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
but the extractor pushing sideways on the case will definitely push the case head off center.
which I replied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
It's interesting you say that . I've always assumed the extractor was cut/milled in a way that they fit into the extractor grove and once they snapped over the rim they no longer put any pressure/force on the case . They only made contact when they were pulling the case out or if you had major head clearance and they stopped the case from moving fully forward when fired or chambering . Kinda like shooting a 40 S&W in a 10mm chamber ?

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.02367 seconds with 8 queries