Thread: Concealed carry
View Single Post
Old July 12, 2017, 10:48 AM   #30
zincwarrior

Quote:
Quote:
I agree with the OP and the other posters on that side of the proverbial fence. I honestly don't understand the mind set of EDC carrying a full-size "combat" weapon with two or even three extra mags, a back-up firearm with two mags, two edged weapons, mace, nunchucks, telescoping police baton, plasma rifle in the 40-watt range, etc.
Another false dichotomy, or straw man argument if you prefer. No one has recommended any such thing. What several have said, if I might paraphrase, is that there are other choices that might make a skilled shooter who knew the weapon more capable in a fight than an SAA. Heck, your own post went on to say that you have made other choices that were much more reasonable than the big load-out you declared to be the alternative. Why was that? If the SAA is your choice, or the OP's, you are better armed than most. You may not be optimally armed, especially if you have the opportunity and willingness to practice up with something else, but still better armed than most. Make your choice.
In his defense, I've perused more than one thread on boards (not here that I recollect) discussing CHLs where those who espouse the multigun multimag flashlight tacticool pen combo kit have been loud and downright abusive at times. The OP may in fact be a reaction to that type of argument.

Page generated in 0.02330 seconds with 8 queries