View Single Post
Old February 5, 2017, 09:53 AM   #26
Jacket67

I fully intend on getting training, we actually had a conversation about that last night! I will most likely take a ccw course berfore getting my ccw license. I understand it's importance. It's like getting a driver's license without ever having drivers ed.

As for the guns, I've explained to her that the best safety is the one between the ears and that most ND's happen because of mishandling or bad safety practices. But I do see the heavy first pull of the sig's DA trigger being of value to me as a first time handgun buyer simply because accidents do happen, and it's less likely to accidentally set that round off.

With that said, she and I are going to have a range day between now and April. There's a really good range in her hometown that's a glock dealer, and also has a few sigs to rent (it's where I rented the p229 I shot before). We were both taught how to shoot on the Beretta 92, but I want to see if she still likes a DA/SA trigger as much as she thinks. I want her to shoot both the sig and the glock side-by-side and see which one she finds easier and more comfortable to use.

As some of you have mentioned, what's probably going to happen is me buying the sig first if for no other reason than household peace. Then get a glock for myself later on, or if I end up loving the sig, then getting a different model for myself. But we will just have to see after I get her to the range.

Page generated in 0.03034 seconds with 8 queries