View Single Post
Old October 8, 2015, 06:44 PM   #32
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming100Straight
Thanks Frank. This from the ATF on shipping, which I think is not the same as transferring....
I'm fully aware that the ATF has stated that it's perfectly legal to ship a gun to yourself. But still --
  • If it's a handgun, you can't ship it by the USPS. Only an FFL may legally use the mails to ship a handgun.

• Note the applicable FedEx Rules (emphasis added):
    Quote:
    Firearms
    1. Carrier will transport and deliver firearms as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S., but only between:

1. Licensed importers; licensed manufacturers; licensed dealers; licensed collectors; law enforcement agencies of the U.S. or any department or agency thereof; and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency or political subdivisions thereof; or

2. Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law, from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same).

• Note UPS Rules (emphasis added):
    Quote:
    UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation only (a) between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies and (b) where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector; and (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.02799 seconds with 7 queries