View Single Post
Old March 25, 2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Spats McGee
Join Date: July 28, 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,866
Welcome to TFL, dhodges!

I'm going to give you the same kind of advice that I give on all of these "help me with my legal predicament threads." It is as follows:
  1. You need a lawyer.
  2. You need a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction.
  3. You need a lawyer, licensed in your jurisdiction, who is versed in federal and state gun laws.
  4. In your case, you need to ask about "expungement," and "restoration of gun rights."
  5. In the event that you are, in fact, a prohibited person, possession of firearms by you is a federal crime under 18 USC 922. It may also be a crime under state law.
  6. What you do not need is to be posting details about your case on an internet forum.
  7. You have no way of verifying the credentials of anyone here, no matter how well-meaning we may be.
  8. What you tell your lawyer is confidential.
  9. What you post here is not.
Ordinarily, I would lock your thread, but you have some questions that others may be able to answer without adverse effect. Such questions include:
How can i find out why was denied?
Best of luck,
I'm a lawyer, but I'm not your lawyer. If you need some honest-to-goodness legal advice, go buy some.

Last edited by Spats McGee; March 26, 2013 at 05:58 AM.
Spats McGee is offline  
Page generated in 0.03071 seconds with 7 queries