View Single Post
Old January 15, 2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Senior Member
Join Date: September 19, 2008
Posts: 4,678
Originally Posted by Aristides

How would I figure out whether they are staked in?
I don't even know what this means.
FWIW, "staking" is the fixing of two adjoining parts from moving past each other via placing a small, sharp-edged tool at the juncture of the two parts and delivering a heavy enough hammer blow or press pressure to displace a small bit of metal from each part into the other part.

The "stake" mark looks like a small punch prick or squared divot in the metal at the seam/juncture (there may be more than a single stake for each set of parts).

PetahW is offline  
Page generated in 0.04777 seconds with 7 queries