View Single Post
Old January 11, 2013, 07:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
Join Date: November 6, 2011
Location: NE Georgia
Posts: 1,070
Federal law doesn't require an ffl be involved in a ftf transaction if both residents live within the same state. If you were to sell it to someone outside the state you live in you would have to ship it to an ffl dealer in the purchasers state and then he would fill out the paperwork just as if he were buying it from that dealer. Some dealers won't accept shipments from individuals, only from other dealers but that is just about as simple. You go to a dealer in your state with a copy of the dealers license that you are shipping to in the buyers state and your dealer will fill out the transfer and then you just ship it to the buyers dealer.
CTS is offline  
Page generated in 0.08178 seconds with 8 queries