View Single Post
Old December 31, 2012, 01:20 PM   #16
Kansas Shooter
Join Date: April 21, 2009
Location: South East Kansas
Posts: 86
When doing Form 1, you claim to be the manufacturer of the device and need to engrave just as any other manufacturer. When doing Form 4 you are not the manufacturer but are having an existing NFA item transferred to you.

Many folks that want a SBR have two paths. Become the manufacturer and convert a virgin AR15 lower to an NFA registered SBR OR purchase the SBR and complete Form 4. No engraving is needed on Form 4 because someone else made and registered the SBR.
I understand now, thanks for clearing it up. I have been considering building my SBR, so that might help me decide which way to go.
Kansas Shooter is offline  
Page generated in 0.03285 seconds with 7 queries