View Single Post
Old November 24, 2012, 03:49 AM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: January 2, 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,144
Question in regards to SBR paperwork.

I'm currently actively serving in the US military

I was wondering how this could affect me being able to register an rifle as an SBR.

I was considering having my parents who live in Arizona (which allow the legal possession of SBR and other NFA firearms) to be signed in on a gun trust so that they too could legally hold onto my rifle in the event I'm stationed in a state that forbids me from possessing a rifle or I happen to be deployed.

Ultimately, I'd like to know if this is possible and a wise thing to do. Currently I'm stationed in Utah, but I'm almost guaranteed to be deployed at some point in my career.

I'm early in my career which has me staying on base in the dorms, and seeing as I cannot have firearms in my place of residence (I'd have to store them in the armory) how would that also affect my registration?

The only alternative I can see is that I find someone who I can trust off base, and register them as being on the "trust" so that they too could be "In possession" of the rifle until I can find a place of my own off base or simply keep it in Arizona with my family who would be on the "trust" anyway.
Kimio is offline  
Page generated in 0.04177 seconds with 7 queries