View Single Post
Old November 8, 2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: November 22, 2006
Posts: 789
I figure this would save me $200 for a tax stamp for an SBR since I would only need to get it for the suppressor. I have never looked into any NFA items before, so, this is my first question as you may be able to tell.

Does what I want exist, and if so, what manufacturers offer the best quality?
I looked into an integral suppressor for my 300 Blackout since we can't legally own SBR's here in Washington State , and in the end I decided it was more trouble than it was worth. To be legal the suppressor would have to be permanently attached so that the barrel meets the 16" requirement, which means with a serviceable can you're going to end up with a barrel longer than 16" anyway since the end cap and most of the body detach from the registered part so you can access the core.

So it can be done, but it's a pretty involved process and it certainly isn't cheap. I was looking specifically at a Liberty can, and supplying my own upper it was still going to be close to $1000 by the time all was said and done. So if I lived someplace where SBR's were legal then I'd just pay the $200 and go that route.
scsov509 is offline  
Page generated in 0.03297 seconds with 7 queries