View Single Post
Old October 19, 2012, 11:29 PM   #7
Senior Member
Join Date: March 24, 2011
Posts: 730
I live in WA and have since 1970. I have carried since 1970, and I have kept up on the laws..

IN WA> you do not have to do anything. Private sale is just that, Private...rifle or long as you follow federal law (resident of same state, and not a prohibited person)

You can ask the person if they are a prohibited person, and if they are a resident of WA,,,or not. You can ask for proof,,,or not...the requirement is that you "not Knowingly" sell to someone that is prohibited and is not a resident of the state.

If you Knowingly sell to a prohibited person...that is where you get in trouble.

IMHO: Ask them...are you resident of WA and secondly, are a person that is prohibited, by federal law, from owning a firearm. If they say they meet the qualifications, and you agree on a price...that should be all you need.

Some people want thought on that is...a person is innocent until proven guilty...NOT guilty until they prove themselves innocent.
hermannr is offline  
Page generated in 0.03650 seconds with 7 queries