View Single Post
Old October 11, 2012, 08:06 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: August 31, 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 1,032
Not sure about your question. I don't know exactly what a "civilian" M2 is-- one made by a commercial manufacturer rather than one made for the military? If so, they would usually be called a commercial gun and they are essentially the same. An older military gun would be a C&R gun. An exampe of a commercial gun might be newly made sideplates riveted to a demilled top and bottom plate and trunnion, and the rest of the gun assembled from surplus GI parts if available, or newly made parts.

There are also semi .50's, and these are vastly different. The sideplates are thicker so the FA parts can't be inserted into the receiver, the internals are thinner, and the trigger mechanism is entirely different.

I hope this helps you and it's what you were looking for. For more information, check on and see their tutorials on building guns.
medalguy is offline  
Page generated in 0.03217 seconds with 7 queries