My multi-part question is....
1) Is it normal for the floor model to be considered NIB?
2) Should one assume that the price of a floor model be discounted from NIB price?
3) If I did purchase this firearm, is a really tight slide release normal when new? Was curious on this too
1) Unless the gun is beat up, yes. Most hard to find guns are not on display for long and most gun shops are not going to get multiple copies. Same with scopes. They may or may not have one that has not been on display.
2) No. If gun shows excessive signs of handling. . .you might get a break.
3) If you are trying to release slide without taking the pressure off the slide stop, yes.
Does the slide stop move easily with the slide closed?