View Single Post
Old September 26, 2012, 01:16 PM   #9
Senior Member
Join Date: June 5, 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,247
Actually all most anyone that had a gun stolen and recovered by a PD with the serial number removed can use a BATF program that will put a new serial number on a recovered/defaced stolen gun. Takes some money (couple hundred anyway), paperwork and time, you have too allow the ATF lab branch to re-install the new number, (they take custody of the gun from the recovering police dept) but its done all the time, just not well known...Had a subject do it on an HK that he valued very highly and wanted back after it was recovered from the thief.
Sulaco2 is offline  
Page generated in 0.03309 seconds with 7 queries