View Single Post
Old July 26, 2012, 04:29 PM   #5
Spats McGee
Join Date: July 28, 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,866
In many states, an FTF transaction of both handguns and long guns can be done without a NICS check or any sort of permit. This is true regardless of whether the transfer takes place at a gun show, in a parking lot, on Uncle Bob's back 40 . . . The 4473 and associated NICS check only come into play if there's a transfer through an FFL. Mind you that in such states, you could still, as a matter of private party contract, require that the buyer fill out a bill of sale in order to purchase from you. If the buyer declines to do so, you can decline to make the sale.
I'm a lawyer, but I'm not your lawyer. If you need some honest-to-goodness legal advice, go buy some.
Spats McGee is offline  
Page generated in 0.05446 seconds with 7 queries