Thread: Mystery Metal
View Single Post
Old June 17, 2012, 03:23 PM   #18
Senior Member
Join Date: October 28, 2006
Location: South Central Michigan...near Ohio, Indiana.
Posts: 5,024
I'm sure you would say the same thing if I used the word DUCTILE or even the term PLASTIC DEFORMATION.

I could say use a magnet but then that would be negated by some types of stainless steel.

So where do you want to draw the line?
Malleable and ductile are Synonyms. In fact I would have a problem if you said Zinc was ductile and steel was not. They are both malleable and ductile.

Mr. Dictionary is our friend. It keeps us from perpetuating incorrect terminology if we do not have the education to know the correct terms.

Last edited by dahermit; June 17, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
dahermit is offline  
Page generated in 0.03496 seconds with 7 queries