View Single Post
Old March 17, 2012, 08:38 PM   #17
Aguila Blanca
Senior Member
Join Date: September 25, 2008
Location: CONUS
Posts: 9,723
Originally Posted by GunsmokeTPF
Being a retired police officer and licensed to carry concealed, I can qualify each year for permission to carry in all states under Federal Law HR218. I think retired police officers in Vermont may also have a problem, since HR218 requires a license where you reside.
No it doesn't. It requires that you be requalified annually by the department from which you retired or, if you live out of state, by the state police in your state of residence, and you must carry with you documentation of your retired status and your qualification. I am 98.73 percent certain there is no requirement to hold a carry license/permit from your home state. Please cite the portion of the law that says this.
Aguila Blanca is offline  
Page generated in 0.03899 seconds with 7 queries