View Single Post
Old March 3, 2012, 09:47 AM   #20
Senior Member
Join Date: June 20, 2007
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 6,550
OEF-Vet, the type of situation you seem to have needs a burn called a "cold burn". Essentially, you have to do it when there is so much moisture that it is hard to actually keep the fire burning. You use fire drippers to keep igniting small areas at a time until the desired effect has been reached. It may take many of these cold burns over the course of several months to get your area "right". Doing that would preserve the hemlocks that your deer like so much but also removing competition for the new growth.
Doyle is offline  
Page generated in 0.04331 seconds with 7 queries