Thread: NFA Trust Q's
View Single Post
Old February 15, 2012, 09:44 AM   #12
Senior Member
Join Date: November 20, 2008
Posts: 10,526
You have to drill the receivers on an AK to install the sear and auto parts - the sear isn't the regulated part, the drilled receiver is. There may have been some odd-ball drop-in type sears made for the AK that didn't require modification to the receiver - in that case, it would be the registered part. AK sears can be replaced if/when they wear out, so they aren't technically married to the gun. In certain builds the sear gets married to the gun, but in that case the sear has to be the registered "machinegun".
Skans is offline  
Page generated in 0.04053 seconds with 7 queries