View Single Post
Old December 5, 2011, 12:18 PM   #14
Frank Ettin
Join Date: November 23, 2005
Location: California - San Francisco
Posts: 8,701
Originally Posted by EOD Guy
Originally Posted by natman

....She'll have to have a CA handgun license.
....There is no such thing as a California handgun license...
As shown by the link that natman provided, he was referring to the California Handgun Safety Certificate (HSC) as a handgun license. For the purposes of this thread it's pretty much a waste of time to debate whether the HSC may be properly referred to as a "license."

What is important, however, is that whatever you choose to call the HSC, the daughter will have to have one to take possession of the handgun. They're easy enough to get, but under California law she will still need to take the test, pay the fee and get the HSC before she can lawfully receive the handgun.
Frank Ettin is offline  
Page generated in 0.03631 seconds with 7 queries