View Single Post
Old November 19, 2011, 10:28 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: September 7, 2001
Location: Washington State
Posts: 2,164
Short answer--unfortunately, no.

Since your brother is a resident of another State, the transfer must take place from an FFL in the State of Illinois.

Be advised as well--there are other requirements in the State of Illinois to satisfy for the transfer of a handgun.

You also can not initiate the transfer in California, either. You have to start the process in Washington. Find an FFL in Illinois that would be willing to do the transfer.

Don't shortcut this step--it's not worth a trip to Club Fed.
Hiding in plain sight...
Powderman is offline  
Page generated in 0.03328 seconds with 7 queries