Thread: Bullet C.O.L.
View Single Post
Old October 30, 2011, 03:12 AM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: February 13, 2006
Location: Washington state
Posts: 12,834
That groove is called a "cannelure", and it is indeed for crimping the case mouth into without damaging or deforming the bullet. You do not need to crimp, but you can id you wish to do so. If you are going to crimp, the case mouth should be about 1/2 of the way up the cannelure. But as Missionary stated, for best results you should find out where your bullets are in relation to the rifling and magazine length.
Never try to educate someone who resists knowledge at all costs.
But what do I know?
Summit Arms Services
Taylor Machine
Scorch is offline  
Page generated in 0.03769 seconds with 7 queries