Thread: NFA or Not
View Single Post
Old October 20, 2011, 06:11 PM   #2
Senior Member
Join Date: November 17, 2008
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 1,399
If the barrel extension brings the overall barrel length to 16" and is "permanently attached" per NFA guidelines, then you can add a stock to it. As long as the overall length of the firearm is greater than 26" then you have a Title 1 rifle. No worries about running afoul of NFA rules.

However, you HAVE to have a barrel of 16" or more. A barrel extension, to be considered part of the barrel, must be "permanently attached" and there are 3 ways of accomplishing that outlined by the ATF.

These PDF's may be of help to you:

Last edited by rjrivero; October 20, 2011 at 06:17 PM.
rjrivero is offline  
Page generated in 0.03639 seconds with 7 queries