View Single Post
Old October 9, 2011, 10:33 AM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: May 27, 2009
Posts: 3,968
Which Head LEO Would Need to Sign My Forms?

I have a semi-auto firearm that is classified as a pistol but would like to convert into a SBR with folding stock and foregrip. I am aware that one must jump through all the flaming hoops, cut some red-tape and pay the various fees to do it legally. (IMHO it's a bit of a silly law BUT the law is the law!)

Anyway, I read that part of the procedure involves getting the county sheriff or head LEO in the area to sign-off on a particular form. Which leads to my questions about the process.

Would I be correct in guessing, one would have to schedule an appointment and actually go meet with him in person at his office?

Secondly, I wanted to know WHICH top local LEO's signature would I need to acquire on the paperwork? I live in a town that has it's own police force. Would I need talk to the (city) Police Chief or the (county) Sheriff? (My guess is the county sheriff.)

Thank you.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
EdInk is offline  
Page generated in 0.06579 seconds with 7 queries