View Single Post
Old August 28, 2011, 01:50 PM   #17
James K
Join Date: March 17, 1999
Posts: 24,133
Hi, T. O'Heir,

You wrote: "None of which need to be put in any silly book."

Well they have to be put in some book. If the buyer has a C&R license, they have to be entered in his book. If he doesn't, they have to be shipped to a dealer and entered in his book. Maybe some folks don't bother with a "silly book", but the alternative could be unpleasant if BATFE cares enough to check.

Hi, JiminTexas,

I am not sure what you mean by "the old rules". NFA firearms (but not suppressors, kits, and other "non-guns") certainly do come under the 50-year rule and something like a WWII Thompson SMG is a C&R. They still need to be transferred with the paperwork and tax payment, but they can be shipped by an individual directly to a C&R licensee, without a Class 3 dealer being involved.

Jim K
James K is offline  
Page generated in 0.03343 seconds with 7 queries