Thread: factory crimp
View Single Post
Old July 25, 2011, 12:14 AM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: August 23, 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6,442
There are roll crimps, tapered crimps and the so called factory crimp. The first two are accomplished by differing profiles of the constrictions of the crimping dies. The "factory" crimp is accomplished by a collet. Your crimp type is usually dictated by the nature of your bullet and your application. I use a "factory" crimp collet only when loading jacketed rifle bullets with a cannelure.
zippy13 is offline  
Page generated in 0.03374 seconds with 7 queries