Still the store should be responsible for the defense of its employees if it prevents them from bearing arms to defend themselves or they should be liable for the consequences.
To what extent should the store be liable? Let's imagine drawing up such a law:
- What would be the nature of protection required?
- What would be the minimum standard for that protection?
- What agency exists (or would have to be created) to regulate and certify that protection?
- Would the store have to foot the bill for said protection?
- Would the store be prohibited from cutting employees or wages in order to pay for such protection?
- Would the store be liable if the employee was harmed despite said protections?
- If so, how would damages be calculated?