View Single Post
Old June 13, 2011, 09:44 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: September 26, 2010
Posts: 1,535
lead bullet terminology

I am new to reloading and I have gotten some lead cast bullets from someone who is getting out of casting and loading due to health reasons.

I have some questions as to what some of the terms are he used to describe his lead. What I have received is:

38 cal
158gr cast SWC Lee Tumble
162gr cast WC duracast

45 cal
200gr SWC Lee Tumble
230gr CWC Duracast

Does the SWC and WC stand for semi-wadcutter and wadcutter? What is CWC. Is the Lee Tumble and Duracast the brand of equipment he used to cast.

Is there anyway to be sure if this is hard or soft cast (I want to avoid leading). I have sent him a message but thought I would ask here while I am waiting.

Find out just how tall I am
By jumping in the middle of a river
TennJed is offline  
Page generated in 0.03108 seconds with 7 queries