View Single Post
Old August 30, 1999, 12:11 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: October 15, 1998
Location: OKC, OK & Austin, Tx
Posts: 3,707
You will need to check the laws in your state to make certain that there are no further restrictions. Under federal law you may add a removable or fixed stock to any handgun, you may use a folding or collapsable stock on a non-semiautomatic pistol, like a revolver, by completeing the paperwork, paying $200 for a NFA tax stamp, and having the firearm registered as a short barrelled rifle, or SBR. You may not add the collapsable or folding stock to a semiautomatic pistol as that you put you in violation of 922(v), manufacturing a semiautomatic assault weapon, and yes it does apply to SBR and SBS.
Jeff OTMG is offline  
Page generated in 0.04688 seconds with 7 queries