View Single Post
Old February 23, 2011, 08:33 AM   #5
DiscoRacing

Also Shane...

the deal with the pins in the brass is this...

the stainless media is .041 diameter when new +-.001...which would mean it could be only .040..

I, myself, cut 7 pieces of various calibers of my brass,,,and measured the flash holes themselves to be between .077 and .078.

.. If you have the media for a long time it will wear down in diameter...the pins that I measured(that were stuck in the flash holes of the brass I had gotten from Xfire68)(which was only four out of 7,000) were .039 in diameter. There were two stainless pins stuck beside each other in the flash holes.

When the media is only .039 diameter two will fit side by side in the flash hole and may become stuck there slightly.(since at that diameter two will fit in the .078 flash hole).

The company that Jon got his media from is researching this as we speak...to figure out how they had gotten the smaller diameter pellets...

The rep there (Kevin) said something about they had to run wire pellets for the military or something. And the specs were different than commercial. He has also elightened me to the fact that the wire they cut for pellets now is in fact .041 +- .001 which would make is no less than .040. At that diameter it would take years of use to reduce itself(by wear) to .039 to stick inside of flash holes side by side.

Page generated in 0.02055 seconds with 7 queries