View Single Post
Old February 13, 2011, 02:47 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: March 21, 2009
Posts: 291
Part from a JC Higgins model 583.3?

My grandfather gave me this shotgun a couple years ago, while cleaning it one day a part fell off, and I didn't know what it was so I tucked it away, re-assembled the gun and the action seemed to work fine except sometimes if you weren't aggressive enough with the bolt the ramp would raise to high and prevent the bolt from being pulled back.

Well, I went to clean it again and I FINALLY think I figured out where it goes! The part in question is a very small flat piece of metal with a "button" on it, and I think it is supposed to go under the bolt and follow a channel underneath. This would prevent the ramp from going too high, only problem is, I've since moved and can't find the part anywhere!

Does anyone know what this might be called or where it could be found?
The Beatles were wrong, happiness is not a warm gun. It's a new gun.
jcsturgeon is offline  
Page generated in 0.03472 seconds with 7 queries