View Single Post
Old June 15, 2010, 04:56 PM   #5
OuTcAsT

Quote:
One loses tactical advantage when open carrying and is demonstrated by the incident above
I have to disagree, there is no evidence that this man O.C.ing made him a target.

I think the "tactical advantage" is won or lost by situational awareness as you seem to demonstrate with this:

Quote:
And one more thing to think about: there is nothing that says your gun must remain in its holster if you conceal carry...just that it be concealed. There have been times in the past where I had inadvertently wondered while walking into areas that made me very uncomfortable. I discreetly removed my gun from its holster keeping it gripped in my hand with my hand tucked into the inside of my sport jacket thus eliminating the time to draw if the gun was needed. When I felt that I was no longer in an area of "threat", the gun went discreetly back into the holster, happy that I no longer needed to keep it at the ready.
What you are demonstrating is awareness of your surroundings, and reacting accordingly. Would not matter which method of carry you employ, awareness is the key.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Page generated in 0.02404 seconds with 8 queries