View Single Post
Old April 15, 2010, 05:32 AM   #11
Senior Member
Join Date: February 15, 2009
Location: Kodiak, Alaska
Posts: 2,118
Two things...

1. Be sure you are incompliance with federal and state laws between your state and your father's. Meaning that you may have to transfer via FFL's from him to you and back again.

2. Carry a can of bear spray in addition to the .44 Mag. Trust me, it will be more effective than your .44. I have used bear spray a few times to thwart angry/moody bears and none have continued their attack after being sprayed. It is a cheap (around $35-$40 a can) insurance policy. Also keep in mind that if you are attacked and you shoot the bear, wounding it, and it runs off; you are legally required to track down the bear and kill it in addition to making the proper notification to Alaska State Troopers.

Have a good time and enjoy this great state, but be very cautious and think through whatever plan you will follow.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.
jgcoastie is offline  
Page generated in 0.05692 seconds with 7 queries